2009-01-22

the joys of travel

Well, there´s nothing like traveling from one cold climate to another, via a hot one.

Today´s travel quiz:

Q: When you are traveling internationally, and your final flight is a domestic one, do you believe an airline that tells you your luggage is checked through to its final destination?

A: I still don´t know.

Well, I didn´t believe them, but in the end I trusted them. I did look for my luggage at the point of entry to the country, where you generally go through customs. But, I had very limited time before my next flight, and so I didn´t wait until all the luggage was out. I just looked at what was there & waited a few minutes, until my concern about navigating to check in for my next flight overrode my concern about the bag it was maybe 40 minutes til take off and I didn´t have a boarding pass yet, at an airport where you . After all, they had said it was checked through. Yeah, wrong choice.

The funny thing is the last time I had similar travel, the airline told me I would have to pick up my bags and re-check them, but I actually didn´t. Go figure. Maybe the Answer is - do the opposite of what the airline tells you?