2008-12-10

North

Just as I've begun to feel I have my routine down pat, as I get a feel for what is really going on in penguin colonies, I know I must wrap up my first Antarctic adventure. I will be happy to come home, and resume my more usual routines. I've missed family and friends, and can't wait to share my stories. Even so, it is hard to leave such a wonderful place. I know I can't fully describe my time here. My last day in Antarctica (for this trip) was great, finishing up my share of field work, connecting with other researchers on my project and others, and getting a chance to simply take in the surroundings - as well as a few [dozen] photos. The rolling seas and 30+ knot winds of the Drake Passage, though allowing us safe and fairly smooth travels, have us looking forward to the more sheltered waters ahead. We know that from here on out we are merely headed home, and look forward to the end of the journey. Soon I will be back in South America and on my way. Hasta luego!

1 comment:

Lida said...

Safe Travels! We look forward to hearing about your adventures in person.